Welcome to the Clean and Efficient Energy Program (CEEP)
Launched in early 2009 by the Alliance to Save Energy, in partnership with the American Public Power Association (APPA) and the Large Public Power Council (LPPC), CEEP is a nationwide initiative to assist public power utilities in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of energy efficiency and renewable energy activities. Much of CEEP’s work takes place here on its community-based website, where utilities can find guidance, including success stories and lessons learned by others, and connect with peers.
How the CEEP Platform Works
- Comprehensive Resource Library - Researched by and gathered from public and private sector leaders, this library offers decades’ worth of advice and best practices. User profiles, ratings, and commentary help utilities to customize their searches and find resources that have been useful to others like them.
- Online Community and Forums - Here, CEEP users can share ideas, upload resources, participate in topical discussion forums, and access experts, in order to gain a deeper understanding of what it takes to implement successful energy efficiency initiatives. The community also helps utilities to connect with energy efficiency service providers and other potential program delivery partners.
CEEP's Contributors and Supporters
CEEP was developed with guidance of a Steering Committee of public power leaders.
- Steering Committee Chair, Marc Gerken, President and CEO, of American Municipal Power, Inc.
- Aram Benyamin, Senior Assistant General Manager of Power Systems, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Doyle Beneby, President and CEO, CPS Energy-San Antonio
- Kateri Callahan, President, Alliance to Save Energy
- Mark Crisson, President, American Public Power Association
- John DiStasio, General Manager, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Tom Heller, CEO, Missouri River Energy Services
- Robert Hunzinger, General Manager, Gainesville Regional Utilities
- Missy Mandell, President, Large Public Power Council
- Phillip “Doc” Mueller, Senior Vice President-Government Affairs & Management Services, Illinois Municipal Electric Agency
- Shelley Sahling-Zart, Vice President & Assistant Counsel, Lincoln Electric System
- Larry Weis, General Manager, Austin Energy
Ex Officio Member
- Bob Balzar, Vice President-Energy Efficiency and Demand Response, Tennessee Valley Authority
- Former Chair, Jan Schori, Former General Manager of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District.
- Glenn Cannon, Former General Manager, Waverly Light & Power, Clean Energy Ambassadors
- Miguel Cordero, Former Executive Director, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority
- Roger Duncan, Former General Manager, Austin Energy
- Barbara Grimes, General Manager, Burlington Electric Department
- Kevin Law, Former President and CEO, Long Island Power Authority
- Roy Thilly, Former President and CEO, Wisconsin Public Power Inc.
- John Twitty, Former General Manager, City Utilities, Springfield, MO
CEEP is also guided by an Advisory Council consisting of representatives from energy industry associations, national and regional clean and efficient energy advocacy organizations, and public power utility staff experts, who contribute resources and ideas.
The initiative is supported by grants from private foundations and federal agencies.