Jill Kunka Cliburn
About Jill Kunka Cliburn
I am currently the lead Energy Ambassador at www.cleanenergyambassadors.ning.org. Come see us! This program, supported by the Energy Foundation, provides lots of resources for smaller public power utilities working with their communities. We've found that public participation is one of the leading drivers of energy efficiency program success, yet many folks inside and outside the utility need help understanding each others' interests and capabilities. Here are some of the things you'll find on our site:
- Presentations and resources about the business case and the ethical case for energy efficiency
- Tools that have been field tested to assess the value of energy efficiency and dsm
- Case studies of 5 (and more!) local communities that have successful energy efficiency initiatives
- Resources for both utilities and community groups to improve dialog and the results of participation
- Resources to help engage schools as a "common ground" for the community and public power to work together
- News, links, YOUR INPUT, and more!
You can also follow the adventures and advice of myself and Glenn Cannon, retired CEO of the Waverly, Iowa municipal utility and former chair of APPA. He is still active on the CEEP Board and as an Energy Ambassador. My own background goes way back, too: manager of energy services for Springfield (IL) City Water, Light and Power, Energy Services Coordinator for APPA, co-developer for two award-winning training courses for Association of Energy Services Professionals, widely published for in trade press, including Public Power magazine, recent author of the New View on Energy Efficiency. Community and regional non-profits are also among my clients, and I have a leading practice in solar development for utilities and public entities. My vision is to orchestrate clean energy resources in locally driven 21st Century utilities.
Jill Kunka Cliburn's Company Information
Company Type: Energy Efficiency Contractor/Service Provider